Friday, June 4, 2010

Allstar Classic Garage Door Remote

LiftMaster 371LM remotes blow all other models out of the water with their simplicity and pricing. I am definitely a fan of the single button remote. It's one button to open, and the same one to close. That certainly makes my life easier when it's dark or if I'm tired. I don't ever have to worry about fumbling with the LiftMaster 971LM remote. I can just push the button and drive my car into the garage, and then push the button again to close the door and head inside without thinking about anything.

On the other hand, the Allstar Classic 318 MHz is equally as impressive in its own ways. It has three buttons, so it's a bit more complicated than the LiftMaster 371LM or the LiftMaster 971LM. But it definitely compares in quality, and competes in price. The Allstar Classic is one of the least expensive garage door remotes out there.

I guess it really depends on your preferences. Is simplicity more important than price? I can't speak for anyone else, but I know that all three of these garage door openers have their own unique qualities that aren't necessarily better or worse than any others. Most likely, though, the final decision will come down to compatibility with your current garage door opener.